Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput who committed suicide today was barely active on his Twitter account for the last six months. One among his previous tweet was on emotions and men. It is being reported that the actor was undergoing treatment for clinical depression for the last six months.
Here are five components of the story
- The Bollywood actor on November 19 posted a video with #Manenough #Shaving Stereotypes and wrote “Men have emotions too so don’t be shy to cry. It’s okay to let it out and not hold it inside. It’s not a weakness but a sign of strength. Be man enough to feel. The feeling is human”
- His last post on Instagram on June 2 was dedicated to his mother, who passed away in 2002. The actor shared the picture with a caption’ Blurred past evaporating from teardrops, unending dreams carving an arc of a smile and fleeting of life, negotiating between the two.’
- Sushant Singh’s former manager also committed suicide a couple of days ago.
- The actor belonged to Patna in Bihar and is survived by father & other family members living in the city. While in Delhi, Sushant had attended acting classes by Barry John and after moving to Mumbai, he was also part of Nadira Babbar’s Ekjute theatre group. He had also been part of Shiamak Davar’s dance in Delhi. He took admission into Delhi School of Engineering but dropped out after completing three years to pursue a career in stage and acting. He reportedly cleared as many as 11 engineering entrance exams. He was a National level Olympiad winner in Physics.
- Sushant had a passion for astronomy evident from his Instagram account where he would often post pictures from his star gazing experiments. He owned a telescope as well. In 2018, he had bought an expensive, Boeing 737 Fixed Base Flight Simulator too.